Version 2.2.1 (Apr 04, 2018)
- Fix for missing NHK Easy audio.
- [Android only] Layout and text is now displayed in the intended left-to-right direction even on right-to-left locales (Hebrew, Arabic…).
Version 2.2.0 (Mar 16, 2018)
- Why Tangoristo has now ads?
- You can now analyze any Japanese text with the new “Text Analyzer” tool !
- “Text Analyzer” can also fetch the contents of an URL before you run the analysis.
Version 2.1.1 (Mar 06, 2018)
- Fixed issue preventing some cached articles to be read offline.
- [Android] Split screen capability is available again.
- [Android] Fix cases when cached document results where not being reused.
- Adjusted size of review cards on tablet devices.
- [Android] Further cleanup of unnecessary app permissions.
Version 2.1.0 (Feb 24, 2018)
- Introducing a new vocabulary ‘Review’ mode.
- Improved offline support. After opening an article for the first time, it remains in the cache for one week.
- Faster and more robust access to document lists.
- The side bar is now more responsive.
- Fix for OnePlus users that have experienced truncated text when using ‘OnePlus Slate’ font.
- Removed unnecessary app permissions.
- Locked app into portrait mode (sorry landscape is not yet supported).
Version 2.0.9 (Jan 20, 2018)
- Fix for iPhone X “notch”.
- Shortcut to the ‘NHKEasyNews’ subreddit when available.
- Control text margins.
- Furigana option for document titles on list view.
- Choose between colored underline or colored text for vocabulary highlights.
- Dedicated settings view.
- Side menus (three vertical dots) on each view with shortcuts to related settings.
- Improvements to tablet layout.
- Faster first popup translation hint (removed animation).
Version 2.0.7 (Dec 21, 2017)
- Code cleanup ahead of many features I will be implementing in 2018!
- Added better crash reporting for users experiencing difficulties running the app.
- The phone status bar color scheme is now more consistent with the app day/night mode selection.
- Removed those little popups confirming document and word bookmarks. They were a little redundant, and on top of that I’m suspecting they were making the app unstable in some cases.
- Fixed handling of inaccurate date/time settings on the device.
Version 2.0.6 (Nov 2, 2017)
- Implemented workaround for devices with inaccurate clock setting. Even if your device clock does not match the local time, you should be able to use the app normally.
- Vocabulary hint now shows the word reading in hiragana. This should improve the reading flow for users who prefer to have a text view without furigana.
- Larger touch surface for the vocabulary hint.
Version 2.0.5 (Oct 26, 2017)
Quick update to improve the vocabulary export feature:
- You can now export words individually. This works better with flashcard apps that do not support multi word import.
- Added a placeholder ‘-‘ for empty cells on the vocabulary export TSV output.
Version 2.0.4 (Oct 24, 2017)
- Export vocabulary lists in tab separated format! Now you can take vocabulary lists to your favorite flashcards app.
- New word contextual menu: copy a word or its enclosing sentence.
- Larger button surface to bookmark words from the translation hint popup.
- Addressed bug that could crash the app when opening a vocabulary list.
- Added extra feedback when bookmarking words and documents.
Version 2.0.3 (Oct 17, 2017)
- Added video support ! Note that playback controls are not fully functional on Android (only pause/play for now).
- Separated bookmark touchable area on translation hint to avoid word navigation when bookmark action is intended..
- Improved error message when the device clock does not match local time.
- Improved handling of missing images.
Version 2.0.2 (Oct 10, 2017)
- The integrated audio player is finally here! 🙂
You can now listen to the spoken text while reading NHK Easy and Hukumusume folk stories.
- Added NHK news categories.
- Fixed date display, added more detail.
- More robust internal storage management. Will help adding features in the future.
Version 2.0.1 (Oct 03, 2017)
- More reading space! The toolbar now fades out when scrolling down on the text. Scroll back up to see it again.
- Added your favorite kind of tea to the sites list 🙂
- Less data consumption. I’ve compressed the bulk of data traffic to get ~10x reduction in size.
- Faster rendering on NHK Easy and NHK Top.
- The app now remembers your last visited site.
Version 1.9.2 (Sep 24, 2017)
- Bookmark words directly from the translation hint popup
Version 1.9 (Sep 17, 2017)
- Night mode is here ! Check it out on the sidebar.
- Quick access to rate the app. Send me your feedback.
- Improvements to JLPT level detection.
Version 1.8 (Sep 13, 2017)
- Fixed furigana menu color code errors.
- Highlight menu is now a popup menu.
Version 1.7 (Sep 10, 2017)
- New furigana mode! Tap-to-reveal specific word furigana (tap again to get the usual translation hint).
- Drop down furigana mode selection for easier access to options.
- More intuitive JLPT color code palette.
Version 1.4 (Aug 19, 2017)
- Month and day off by -1
- Failure to navigate from word/inflection to text
Version 1.3 (Jul 31, 2017)
- Fixed source display
Version 2017.07.27 (Jul 27, 2017)
- POS tag descriptions
- Verb inflection information
Version 2017.07.24 (Jul 24, 2017)
- Pull to refresh and clear document cache
- Switched to production service endpoint
- Simplified document title on list view
Version 2017.07.19 (Jul 19, 2017)
- Rendering optimization
- Fixed static images
- About page
- Feedback links